« return to job listing
Overview: The Air Force Reserve Chaplain Corps exists to ensure the free exercise of religion. Chaplains provide ministry to reservists and their families, and serve a pluralistic population while remaining true to individual faith traditions.
Position: OfficerAFSC: 52RX
- Develop plans and policies relative to organization and management of chaplain activities
- Conduct worship services, liturgies and rites
- Provide counseling, pastoral care, visitation, religious education, morale programs, spiritual renewal, lay leadership programs and humanitarian outreach opportunities
- Supervise administration and fiscal control of Chaplain Service functions
- Maintain ecclesiastical liaison with religious officials and submit required reports
- Completion of 120 semester hours of undergraduate credit at an institution meeting requirements of DoD Directive 1304.19.
- Master of Divinity or equivalent theological degree, or 3 years of equivalent resident graduate study according to DoD Directive 1304.19.
- Ecclesiastical endorsement from a faith group recognized by the DoD Armed Forces Chaplains Board
- Be less than 40 years old at time of appointment. Those with prior military service must be less than 42 at time of appointment.
- For those without a prior military service commission, the first step is completion of Commissioned Officer Training (COT). This 5 week course in located at Maxwell AFB, AL will familiarize you with military life and your role as an officer.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY