« return to job listing
Advanced Fighter Aircraft Integrated Avionics
Overview: The newest generation F22 and F-35 fighter aircraft, as well as the emergence of remotely piloted aircraft (RPA), have taken aircraft electronics (avionics) to an unprecedented level in recent years. These new technologies require highly skilled and trained Reserve members to operate and maintain. These positions also offer excellent opportunities for acquiring highly sought-after civilian job skills.
- Maintains F-22, F-35, MQ-1/MQ-9/RQ-4 avionics and electrical & environmental (A&E) systems at the organizational level
- Inspects, troubleshoots, operates and maintains aircraft A&E systems, subsystems, components and test equipment using aircraft controls, displays and portable maintenance aid (PMA) to determine operational condition
- Removes and installs systems components
- HS diploma or GED. Completion of high school courses in physics, mathematics and computers is desirable.
- ASVAB score of 70 on Electrical
- No record of acrophobia (fear of heights)
- Normal color vision
- Eligibility for Secret security clearance
- Candidates without prior military experience are required to attend 8.5 weeks of Basic Military Training (BMT) at JB San Antonio-Lackland, TX; followed by Technical Training
Related Civilian Jobs:
- Avionics technician
- Aircraft electrician