« return to job listing
Aerospace Ground Equipment
Overview: All aircraft maintenance technicians require access to electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and other equipment and services in order to maintain and repair aircraft. Aerospace Ground Equipment (AGE) personnel are responsible for providing and maintaining these essential maintenance support capabilities.
- Perform maintenance and repairs on motor and engine driven generator sets, air conditioners, hydraulic test stands, air compressors, bomb-lifts, heaters and other similar support equipment
- Operate, clean, inspect and service AGE towing vehicles
- Maintain external fuel and grounding systems
- Store, handle, use and dispose of hazardous material and waste according to environmental standards
- HS diploma or GED. Courses in general science and industrial arts are desirable.
- Normal color vision
- ASVAB score of 28 on Electrical and 47 on Mechanical
- Must possess a valid state driver's license to operate government vehicles
- Candidates without prior military experience are required to attend 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training (BMT) at JB San Antonio-Lackland, TX; followed by Technical Training
Related Civilian Careers:
- Heating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Mechanics and Installers
- Maintenance and Repair Workers, General