« return to job listing
Overview: Testing, maintaining and repairing propellers, turboprop and turboshaft engines, jet engines, small gas turbine engines and engine ground support equipment are the responsibilities of Aerospace Propulsion personnel. They also evaluate all engine maintenance activities and ensure that environmentally safe maintenance practices are followed.
- Inspect, maintain, test and repair aircraft engines, including fluid, electrical and airflow systems
- Disassemble and assemble engines and propellers adhering to prescribed procedures
- Coordinate engine removals and maintenance schedules
- HS diploma or GED. Completion of high school with courses in general science, mechanics or mathematics is desirable.
- Normal color vision
- ASVAB score of 56 on Mechanical
- Eligibility for Secret security clearance
- Candidates without prior military experience are required to attend 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training (BMT) at JB San Antonio-Lackland, TX; followed by Technical Training
Related Civilian Careers:
- Aircraft and Avionics Equipment Mechanics and Technicians