« return to job listing
Overview: Air Transportation personnel manage cargo and passengers on military aircraft. Viewed from their civilian counterparts, they are the cargo shipping representative, customer service agent, shipping clerk, baggage receiving attendant and baggage handling person rolled into one. In addition, they ensure the aircraft is loaded safely.
- Establish procedures for loading passengers and cargo aboard aircraft
- Preplan and compute aircraft load distribution
- Verify eligibility and authorizations of cargo, passengers and mail for airlift
- Check in, process and escort passengers to and from aircraft
- Select, palletize and transport cargo to and from aircraft
- HS diploma or GED. Completion of courses in English, Computer Operation and Mathematics is desirable.
- Possess a valid state driver's license to operate government vehicles
- ASVAB score of 47 on Mechanical and 28 on Administrative
- Candidates without prior military experience are required to attend 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training (BMT) at JB San Antonio-Lackland, TX; followed by Technical Training
Related Civilian Occupation: