« return to job listing
Aircraft Hydraulic Systems
Overview: Hydraulics refers to systems that are operated by fluid pressure and pneumatic denotes air or gas pressured devices. Aircraft Hydraulic Systems personnel are responsible for maintaining the hydraulic and pneumatic systems, including landing gear, brakes, flight controls as well as weapon and cargo doors. They follow protocols for safe disposal of hazardous waste and materials.
- Troubleshoot, remove, repair, overhaul, inspect and install hydraulic and pneumatic systems and their components, including support equipment
- Advise on any problems maintaining these systems and determine maintenance procedures and performance characteristics using technical publications
- Perform system operation checks and take corrective action, if necessary
- HS diploma or GED. Completion of courses in basic electronics, mathematics, general science and mechanics is desirable.
- Normal color vision
- ASVAB score of 56 on Mechanical
- Candidates without prior military experience are required to attend 8.5 weeks of Basic Military Training (BMT) at JB San Antonio-Lackland, TX; followed by Technical Training
Related Civilian Careers:
- Aircraft and Avionics Equipment Mechanics and Technicians
- Heavy Vehicle and Mobile Equipment Service Technicians