« return to job listing
Aircrew Flight Equipment
Overview: Ensuring that all flight and safety equipment is operationally ready and able to be fully utilized during both normal operations and emergency situations is the responsibility of Aircrew Flight Equipment personnel. They maintain, test, and repair flight helmets, oxygen masks, parachutes, survival kits, and other essentials.
- Issue, fit, maintain, and repair human-side flight equipment including flight helmets, oxygen masks, flotation devices, survival kits, night vision systems, chemical defense systems, and other types of aircrew flight and chemical defense equipment
- Repair fabric and rubber components, including protective clothing, parachutes, and radiation barriers
- Conduct reliability testing on aircrew flight and chemical defense equipment
- Completion of high school with courses in speech, general science, shop mechanics, and basic computer applications is desirable.
- Normal color vision
- Vision acuity correctable to 20/20
- Ability to speak clearly and distinctly
- ASVAB score of 40 on Mechanical
- No record of claustrophobia or claustrophobic tendencies
- Must possess a valid state driver's license to operate government motor vehicles
- Candidates without prior military experience are required to attend 8 ½ weeks of Basic Military Training (BMT) at JB San Antonio-Lackland, TX; followed by Technical Training
Related Civilian Careers:
- Installation, Maintenance and Repair Workers