« return to job listing
Aviation Resource Management
Overview: Skilled managers on the ground are essential to ensure that aircraft safely complete their missions in the air. Aviation Resource Management personnel perform key ground coordination tasks related to crew, resources, scheduling and communications with other base agencies.
- Sign-in and sign-out crew members for each day's flights
- Coordinate aircraft tail numbers, airfield status and weather information
- Validate that crew members have met safety and physical requirements prior to flight
- Maintain daily flight mission data, including takeoff, in-flight and landing status
- Coordinate information with other base agencies
- HS diploma or GED. Courses in oral communications and computer operations are desirable.
- ASVAB score of 50 on Administrative
- Ability to speak distinctly is mandatory
- Eligibility for Secret security clearance
- Candidates without prior military experience are required to attend 8.5 weeks of Basic Military Training (BMT) at JB San Antonio-Lackland, TX; followed by Technical Training
Related Civilian Occupation:
- Airfield Operations Specialists