« return to job listing
Avionics Test Station and Components
Overview: Avionics refers to the aircraft electronic systems that control flight, communications, navigation, weapons and other systems. Avionics Test Station and Components personnel maintain, calibrate and repair these sophisticated systems. They also operate and repair the avionics testing and support equipment that is essential in the maintenance process.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair electronic systems including radar, computers, communications, navigation, flight control, flight data record (black boxes) and many others
- Maintain and repair associated electronic test equipment, including oscilloscopes, voltmeters, signal generators and RF measurement devices
- HS diploma or GED. Completion of high school courses in physics, algebra, trigonometry and computer principles is desirable.
- Normal color vision
- ASVAB score of 70 on Electrical
- Eligibility for Secret security clearance
- Candidates without prior military experience are required to attend 8.5 weeks of Basic Military Training (BMT) at JB San Antonio-Lackland, TX; followed by Technical Training
Related Civilian Careers:
- Aircraft and Avionics Equipment Mechanics and Technicians
- Electrical and Electronics Installers and Repairers