« return to job listing
Overview: Biomedical Scientists plan and administer multi-disciplinary programs and activities to keep healthcare professionals informed of new concepts, procedures and techniques.
- Develops, evaluates and interprets policies in health-related activities, to include areas such as technical training, research, clinical practice, therapeutics and operational support
- Coordinates policies for procurement, assignment, classification, selection and training
- Monitors and directs biomedical sciences programs. Inspects biomedical sciences activities.
- Advises medical facility commanders on establishing manning, equipping and operating biomedical units and activities
- Confers with medical facility commanders and staff members on biomedical information systems requirements and procedures
- This is not an entry level position. Must possess an awarded AFSC of 42X3/4 or 43X3/4
- Currently assigned to a valid, funded UMD authorization designated for AFSC 43B3/4