« return to job listing
Overview: The practice of medicine has been revolutionized by technology. Diagnostic CT scans and MRIs provide precise visualization of internal body structures and many surgeries are arthroscopic or laparoscopic procedures employing mini-cameras and video monitors. Installing and maintaining the sophisticated equipment utilized in modern medicine and dentistry is the responsibility of Biomedical Equipment personnel.
- Install, inspect, repair and modify biomedical equipment and support systems
- Perform formal acceptance testing of complex medical equipment and installations such as diagnostic radiology systems and physiological monitoring systems
- Identify deficient equipment, initiate corrective action and inform personnel of safety hazards
- High school diploma or GED is mandatory. Courses in algebra, trigonometry, mechanics, mechanical theory, general sciences, anatomy or biology are desirable.
- Normal color vision
- Minimum age of 18 years prior to entry into Technical Training
- ASVAB score of 70 on Electrical and 60 on Mechanical
- Candidates without prior military experience are required to attend 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training (BMT) at JB San Antonio-Lackland, TX; followed by Technical Training
Related Civilian Careers:
- Medical Equipment Installation and Repair