« return to job listing
Chief, Hospital/Clinic Services
Overview: These medical doctors specialize in the administration of hospital and clinical services rather than one-on-one patient treatment. They focus on health standards, training, and use of personnel as well as directing inpatient and outpatient care and services.
- Administers medical service policies and provides guidance for implementing comprehensive programs to continuously improve prevention and treatment of medical disease to ensure maximum personnel wartime readiness and combat capability
- Coordinates health service and patient care with military and civilian medical treatment facilities
- Directs establishment and operation of inpatient and outpatient medical services. Manages assignment of medical officers and enlisted personnel to support medical facility operations.
- Doctor of Medicine degree or a doctor of osteopathy degree from an approved school of medicine or osteopathy, and completion of one year of graduate medical education in a training program fully accredited by a recognized national accrediting agency acceptable to the Surgeon General, HQ USAF
- For those without a prior military service commission, the first step is completion of Officer Training School Abbreviated. This five-week course at Maxwell AFB, AL will familiarize you with military life, your role as an officer and military healthcare.