« return to job listing
Overview: In addition to the normal stresses of life, service members and their families face specific pressures related to the military, including separation from families, adjustment to military life as well as possible deployment and post-traumatic stress conditions. Clinical Psychologists perform the full range of psychological functions, from evaluation and diagnosis to treatment and research.
- Evaluate, diagnose and treat psychological and neuropsychological disorders
- Provide individual and group therapy, behavior modification programs and biofeedback procedures
- Plan and conduct clinical psychological research
- For entry into this specialty, completion of all requirements for award of a doctorate in clinical psychology or equivalent doctorate in psychology (except dissertation or clinical internship or both)
- For those without a prior military service commission, the first step is completion of Commissioned Officer Training (COT). This 5 week course at Maxwell AFB, AL will familiarize you with military life, your role as an officer and military healthcare.