« return to job listing
Computer Systems Programming
Overview: Military computer systems require software that is unique to each mission, organization, aircraft and application. Computer Systems Programming personnel write, analyze, design and develop application, client-server, online and database systems critical to modern war-fighting capabilities.
- Supervise and perform as a computer analyst, coder, tester and manager in application and system design, development, maintenance, testing, configuration and documentation
- Develop standardized tools and interfaces in accordance with Air Force Network Operations guidance
- Develop and implement policy to enable effective information discovery, indexing, storage, life cycle management, retrieval and sharing
- High school diploma or GED is mandatory. Additional courses in algebra, geometry, computer science and computer programming is desirable. Any network or computing commercial certification is desirable.
- ASVAB score of 64 on General or 54 on General and 60 on Cyber Test
- Minimum score of 71 on Air Force Electronic Data Processing Test (EDPT)
- Eligibility for Top Secret security clearance
- Candidates without prior military experience are required to attend 8.5 weeks of Basic Military Training (BMT) at JB San Antonio-Lackland, TX; followed by Technical Training
Related Civilian Careers:
- Software Developers, Systems Software