« return to job listing
Overview: The government has to be run with fiscal accountability and demonstration of a valid return on investment as key principles. Contracting Officers manage all aspects of the contracting process, including acquisition planning, solicitation, cost/price analysis, evaluation of offers, source selection, awards and contract administration.
- Perform acquisition planning to include analyzing purchase requests and determining proper contracting method and contract type
- Prepare and distribute solicitations
- Evaluate offers to include cost or price analysis, contractor responses and contractor suitability
- Select contract source, assemble contract and make award
- Administer contract to ensure compliance
- Bachelor's degree. Specialization in any of the following disciplines: business, management, marketing, engineering, engineering technologies, biological and biomedical scienes, mathematics, statistics, military technologies, physical sciences, science technologies, military science, public adminstration, social sciences, history, foreign languages, English, ethnic/cultural studies, legal studies, law, advanced professional studies or psychology is desireable.
- Commission as an officer in the Air Force Reserve
- For those without a prior military service commission, successful completion of the eight-week Officer Training School at Maxwell AFB, AL is required