« return to job listing
Overview: Computer networks and online communications have dramatically expanded our capabilities, but have also created vulnerabilities and threats to both our personal and national security. Cyber Surety personnel are responsible for ensuring computer networks and online communications are secure, including the detection and deterring of cyber threats and attacks.
- Supervise or operate information technology and telecommunications resources
- Protect clients, networks, systems and databases from unauthorized activity
- Identify potential threats and manage resolution of security violations
- Enforce federal, DoD and Air Force security policies and directives
- High school diploma or GED is mandatory. Additional courses or certifications in computer and information systems technology are desirable. Any network or computing commercial certification is desirable.
- ASVAB score of 64 on General or 54 on General and 60 on Cyber Test
- Eligibility for Top Secret security clearance
- Candidates without prior military experience are required to attend 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training (BMT) at JB San Antonio-Lackland, TX; followed by Technical Training
Related Civilian Careers:
- Network systems and Data Communications Analysts
- Network and Computer Systems Administrators