« return to job listing
Cyber Systems Operations
Overview: The supervision and administration of cyber, communications and Command and Control (C2) systems, including computer networks, servers, databases and applications, is performed by Cyber Systems Operations personnel. They are responsible for integrating these systems, addressing interruptions to service and ensuring that systems are protected from outside threats.
- Install, support and maintains servers and other computer systems
- Respond to service outages and interruptions to network operations
- Administer server-based networked systems, distributed applications, network storage, messaging and application monitoring
- Serve as consultant for computer-based problems beyond the knowledge of Client Systems technicians
- High school diploma or GED is mandatory. Additional courses or certifications in computer and information systems technology are desirable. Any network or computing commercial certification is desirable.
- ASVAB score of 64 on General or 54 on General and 60 on Cyber Test
- Possess a valid state's drivers license to operate government motor vehicles
- Eligibility for Top Secret security clearance
- Candidates without prior military experience are required to attend 8.5 weeks of Basic Military Training (BMT) at JB San Antonio-Lackland, TX; followed by Technical Training
Related Civilian Careers:
- Network and Computer Systems Administrators