« return to job listing
Cyber Transport Systems
Overview: Ensuring that worldwide computer and communications networks, including those in overseas and deployed locations are integrated and functioning optimally is the responsibility of Cyber Transport Systems personnel. These computer network and communication equipment experts require a Top Secret security clearance.
- Deploys, sustains, troubleshoots and repairs standard voice, data and video network infrastructure systems, IP detection systems and cryptographic equipment
- Performs, coordinates, integrates and supervises network design, configuration, operation, defense, restoration and improvements
- Analyzes capabilities and performance, identifies problems and takes corrective action
- Fabricates, terminates and interconnects wiring and associated network infrastructure devices
- Installs, upgrades, replaces, configures and maintains systems/circuits/IP-based intrusion detection systems that access Military, Federal and commercial networks
- High school diploma or GED is mandatory. Additional courses in mathematics, computer science, computer principles or information technologies is desirable. Any computing or network commercial certification is desirable.
- Minimum ASVAB score of 70 on Electrical or 60 on Electrical and 60 on Cyber Test
- Normal color vision
- Possess a valid state driver's license to operate government vehicles
- Eligibility for Top Secret security clearance
- Candidates without prior military experience are required to attend 8.5 weeks of Basic Military Training (BMT) at JB San Antonio-Lackland, TX; followed by Technical Training
Related Civilian Careers:
- Network and Computer Systems Administrators