« return to job listing
Cyber Warfare Operations
Overview: Cyber Warfare Operations personnel develop, sustain, and enhance cyberspace capabilities to defend national interests from attack and to create effects in cyberspace to achieve national objectives.
- Conduct Offensive Cyber Operations (OCO), Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO), Computer Network Operations (CNO), and perform cyberspace mission planning and execution.
- Develop and execute tactics, techniques and procedures (TTP) for cyberspace operations
- Establish performance standards, train and conduct evaluations to ensure personnel are proficient, qualified and certified.
- HS diploma or GED. For entry into this specialty, prior coursework in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) is desirable. An Associate’s degree or higher in related STEM fields and/or an Information Technology (IT) certification are also desirable.
- Knowledge is mandatory of: computer operating systems, software applications, database concepts, common programming languages, hardware components, networking fundamentals (such as network protocols, network addressing, and network infrastructure), telecommunications theory, and data communications.
- ASVAB score of 64 on General
- Minimum score of 60 on the Air Force Electronic Data Processing Test (EDPT)
- Eligibility for Top Secret clearance
- Candidates without prior military experience are required to attend 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training (BMT) at JB San Antonio-Lackland, TX; followed by Technical Training
Related Civilian Occupations: