« return to job listing
Overview: Working side-by-side with dentists to provide Air Force Reservists and their families with excellent dental care is the rewarding career of Dental Assistants. Their hands on duties include cleaning teeth, taking x-rays and assisting in dental procedures while ensuring that patients are comfortable at all times.
- Prepare patient for treatment and assist dentist with patient care
- Perform duties of dental hygienist, including cleaning teeth and instructing in dental care
- Position patient, take and develop dental radiographs
- Accomplish daily maintenance of dental equipment
- Maintain dental health records and filing systems
- HS diploma or GED. Completion of high school or college level courses in biology and chemistry is desirable.
- Normal color vision
- A minimum age of 18 years prior to entry into technical training
- ASVAB score of 44 on General
- Candidates without prior military experience are required to attend 8.5 weeks of Basic Military Training (BMT) at JB San Antonio-Lackland, TX; followed by Technical Training
Related Civilian Careers:
- Dental Assistant
- Dental Hygienist