« return to job listing
Overview: Diet Therapy personnel work in hospital, institutional as well as clinical settings and are involved in all aspects of Nutritional Medicine Service. They plan menus, assemble patient trays, prepare and serve food and perform clinical dietetic tasks.
- Prepare and cook food items included in regular and therapeutic diets to conform with menus, recipes and food production worksheets
- Receive and process diet orders, menus and other directives related to patient care
- Establish production controls for quantity and quality of foods
- Assist in writing therapeutic diet menus
- Establish stock controls, inventories and thawing procedures
- HS diploma or GED. Completion of high school is desirable with courses in mathematics, chemistry, biology and food preparation.
- ASVAB score of 44 on General
- Candidates without prior military experience are required to attend 8.5 weeks of Basic Military Training (BMT) at JB San Antonio-Lackland, TX; followed by Technical Training
Related Civilian Careers:
- Institutional Cook
- Dietary Aide
- Kitchen Manager