« return to job listing
Electrical Power Production
Overview: Electrical power is produced by power stations and generators. Electrical Power Production personnel are responsible for ensuring that a sufficient capacity of electrical power is readily available in fixed, mobile and temporary locations, including disaster relief centers.
- Install, remove, operate, maintain and repair electrical power generating and control systems, aircraft arresting systems and associated equipment
- Use precision test equipment, troubleshoot malfunctions and inspect parts for excessive wear and other conditions
- Establish maintenance and operating procedures to ensure maximum efficiency
- HS diploma or GED is mandatory. Completion of courses in algebra and physics is desirable.
- Normal color vision
- ASVAB score of 40 on Electrical and 56 on Mechanical
- Possess a valid state driver's license to operate government motor vehicles
- Candidates without prior military experience are required to attend 8.5 weeks of Basic Military Training (BMT) at JB San Antonio-Lackland, TX; followed by Technical Training
Related Civilian Careers: