« return to job listing
Overview: Electrical power is essential to almost everything we use and do. Electrical Systems personnel in the Air Force Reserve perform essentially the same job as civilian electricians; they ensure that our primary source of energy is readily available.
- Install, inspect, maintain, troubleshoot, repair and modify electrical distribution systems
- Climb utility poles and operate special purpose vehicles and equipment
- Inspect, maintain and repair airfield and runway lighting systems
- Maintain and install fire alarms, intrusion detection alarm and traffic system controls
- HS diploma or GED is mandatory. Completion of courses in science, mathematics and shop mechanics is desirable.
- Freedom from fear of heights
- ASVAB score of 45 on Electrical and 43 on Mechanical
- Possess a valid state driver's license to operate government motor vehicles
- Candidates without prior military experience are required to attend 8.5 weeks of Basic Military Training (BMT) at JB San Antonio-Lackland, TX; followed by Technical Training
Related Civilian Careers: