« return to job listing
Fighter Aircraft Integrated Avionics
Overview: Highly sophisticated avionics systems are custom designed for each individual aircraft. Fighter Aircraft Integrated Avionics personnel maintain and repair electronics on the A-10 Warthog close air support jet, F-15 Eagle, F-16 Falcon, CV-22 Tiltrotor and the U-2 Dragon Lady high altitude reconnaissance aircraft.
- Isolate malfunctions, repair and inspect A-10/U-2, F-15 and F-16/CV-22 integrated avionics systems, including attack control, instrument, flight control, communications, navigation and others
- Inspect, troubleshoot and maintain aircraft wiring systems
- Utilize built-in test functions, electronic measuring equipment, support aerospace ground equipment (AGE) and hand tools
- HS diploma or GED. Completion of high school courses in physics and mathematics is desirable.
- Normal color vision
- ASVAB score of 70 on Electrical
- No record of acrophobia (fear of heights)
- Eligibility for Secret security clearance
- Candidates without prior military experience are required to attend 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training (BMT) at JB San Antonio-Lackland, TX; followed by Technical Training
Related Civilian Careers:
- Aircraft and Avionics Equipment Mechanics and Technicians
- Electrical and Electronics Installers and Repairers