« return to job listing
Overview: Financial Management officers are responsible for balancing the books for the Air Force Reserve, which is on a fixed budget established by Congress. In addition, these officers are instrumental in the preparation of proposed budgets that are presented to Congress each year, which include detailed justifications for all expenditures.
- Plan, organize and direct financial management activities including establishing internal controls
- Advise commander and staff on status and progress of command programs
- Prepare, justify and submit financial plan, budget estimates and supplemental budget requirements
- Evaluate impact of legislative action, executive orders and Comptroller General decisions on financial operations
- Bachelor's degree. Specialization in economics, accounting, business, managerial economics, management sciences, quantitative methods, finance, financial management, mathematics, statistics, marketing or engineering is desirable.
- Commission as an officer in the Air Force Reserve
- Never received nonjudicial punishment under the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) for offenses involving acts of larceny, wrongful appropriation, robbery, burglary or fraud as defined in UCMJ Articles 121, 122, 129, and 132 or never been convicted by military courts-martial for these same offenses
- No record of conviction by a civilian court for offenses involving larceny, robbery, wrongful appropriation, burglary or fraud
- For those without a prior military service commission, successful completion of the eight-week Officer Training School at Maxwell AFB, AL is required