« return to job listing
Overview: The unique nature of Flight Attendant positions in the Air Force Reserve is demonstrated by the requirements for a Top Secret security clearance and a five-skill level, which requires approximately 15 months of training. Experience and professionalism are required when attending to passengers on military aircraft.
- Provide for passenger safety and comfort during aircraft operations
- Perform pre-flight, thru-flight and post-flight inspections of aircraft emergency, cabin and galley equipment
- Supervise and perform loading and off-loading of passengers and baggage
- Ensure access to escape exits
- HS diploma or GED. Courses in home economics, customer service and speech are desirable.
- Minimum age of 21
- Physical qualification for aircrew duty
- Qualification for aviation service
- Ability to speak clearly and distinctly
- Must maintail eligibility to deploy and mobilize worldwide
- Height not less than 64 inches or more than 77 inches
- ASVAB score of 50 on Administrative
- Possess a valid state driver's license to operate government motor vehicles
- Must not have food or food-like aversions that inhibit the safe handling of all food and beverage products to include (but not limited to): all meats, seafood, fruits, vegetables, grains, dairy products, and alcohol.
- Must not have had a referral EPR within the previous 2 years and EPRs must not contain unfavorable/derogatory comments regarding the airman’s personal qualities, conduct, working relations, job knowledge, personal appearance, fitness, or duty performance.
- Must not have a record of alcohol or drug abuse, control roster actions, Unfavorable Information File (UIF), received an Article 15, any record of UCMJ convictions, or greater than minor civil offenses/violations, within the previous 2 years.
- Must have a current passing AF Fitness Assessment (FA) score of >80, remaining valid for a minimum of 60 days beyond the RNLTD to first 1A6XX permanent duty station. Airmen must not have scored “unsatisfactory” on any fitness test within the previous 2 years.
- Eligibility for Top Secret security clearance
- Candidates without prior military experience are required to attend 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training (BMT) at JB San Antonio-Lackland, TX; followed by Technical Training
Related Civilian Careers: