« return to job listing
Overview: Force Support Officers lead, manage and direct personnel executing combat support capabilities for the Air Force and joint mission in the core areas of Manpower, Personnel and Services Programs. These manpower managers supervise a full range of personnel programs to include accession, retention, promotion, education, training, recreation and fitness. In addition, they ensure that equal opportunity, sexual assault prevention and other human relations programs to fully support the rights and needs of all Reservists and their families.
- Formulate personnel plans and programs and develop policy for implementation and execution to include accession, classification, utilization, promotion, recognition, evaluation, reenlistment, assignment, retraining, retirement, disciplinary, force development and force shaping
- Establish and manage education and training programs
- Manage equal opportunity and sexual assault prevention and response programs
- Develop and administer fitness and recreation programs
- Bachelor’s Degree. Specialization in mathematics, statistics, operations research, industrial engineering, management sciences, or qualiitative mehtods is mandatory for 20% of officers in this field. Degrees in accounting, computer science, behavioral sciences, industrial and organizational psychology, public administration, economics, business adminstration, finance, human resources, management or operations are also desirable.
- Commission as an officer in the Air Force Reserve
- For those without a prior military service commission, successful completion of the eight-week Officer Training School at Maxwell AFB, AL is required