« return to job listing
Overview: Fuels specialists are responsible for managing the refueling of aircraft on the flight line as well as operating the vehicles, equipment and storage facilities that are essential in the refueling operation. These personnel ensure that the handling of volatile fuels complies with all safety and environmental regulations.
- Maintain and operate petroleum, missile, alternative and cryogenic facilities and equipment
- Operate mobile and hydrant refueling equipment and cryogenic storage tanks
- Ensure proper handling and segregation of products and verify quantity and quality
- Maintain records and quality control of petroleum fuel and cryogenic products
- Ensure compliance with all safety and environmental regulations
- HS diploma or GED. Completion of courses in general science, computer science, mathematics and chemistry is desirable.
- Normal color vision
- Possess a valid state driver's license to operate a government vehicle
- ASVAB score of 47 on Mechanical and 38 on General
- Eligibiiity for Secret security clearance
- Candidates without prior military experience are required to attend 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training (BMT) at JB San Antonio-Lackland, TX; followed by Technical Training
Related Civilian Occupation:
- Petroleum Pump System Operators, Refinery Operators and Gaugers
- Hazardous Waste Technician