« return to job listing
Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration
Overview: Comfortable room temperatures and adequate air flow are essential for maintaining efficient work environments for personnel as well as computers, servers and heat-generating electronic equipment. Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVAC/R) personnel are responsible for maintaining the mechanical systems that make temperature controlled surroundings possible.
- Install, operate, maintain and repair HVAC/R systems, combustion equipment and industrial air compressors
- Maintain and repair non-electric kitchen equipment
- Fabricate, install, repair and test piping and tubing systems
- HS diploma or GED is mandatory. Completion of courses in mathematics, general science, physics, shop mechanics, electricity and computer fundamentals is desirable.
- Normal color vision
- Minimum ASVAB score of 45 on Electrical or 55 on Mechanical
- Possess a valid state driver's license to operate government motor vehicles
- Candidates without prior military experience are required to attend 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training (BMT) at JB San Antonio-Lackland, TX; followed by Technical Training
Related Civilian Careers:
- Heating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Mechanics and Installers