« return to job listing
Helicopter/Tiltrotor Aircraft Maintenance
Overview: Helicopters are essential in rescue operations, special forces insertions and other Air Force Reserve missions. It is the role of Helicopter/Tiltrotor Aircraft Maintenance personnel to maintain these aircraft at optimal performance levels, and to disassemble and reassemble them for transport to other locations.
- Maintain and repair helicopter systems including rotors, transmissions, landing gear, fuel, hydraulics and electrical
- Facilitate ground handling, launch and recovery, and helicopter disassembly/reassembly and other aspects of movement and storage operations
- Completion of high school is mandatory. Completion of related vocational courses is highly desirable.
- Normal color vision
- ASVAB score on Mechanical of 56 for H-60 Helicopter or 51 for CV-22 Tiltrotor
- Eligibility for Secret security clearance
- Candidates without prior military experience are required to attend 8.5 weeks of Basic Military Training (BMT) at JB San Antonio-Lackland, TX; followed by Technical Training
Related Civilian Careers:
- Aircraft and Avionics Equipment Mechanics and Technicians