« return to job listing
Human Intelligence Specialist
Overview: Actionable Intelligence is accumulated from many varied sources, including cyber, digital, geo-spatial, signals and people. Human intelligence specialists focus on information received during conversations, debriefings, interviews, interrogations and other interpersonal communications.
- Collects intelligence information to identify source leads
- Conducts in-depth debriefings under conditions ranging from peacetime through major conflict
- Maintains familiarity with validated requirements and applies them to screenings, assessments and debriefings; and to any documents resulting from these activities
- Debriefs United States and foreign sources for intelligence information
- High school diploma or GED is mandatory. Completion of courses in effective writing, speech and college-level courses in English are desirable.
- ASVAB score of 72 on General
- Ability to type 35 words per minute (wpm)
- Ability to speak clearly and distinctly
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing
- Eligibility for Top Secret security clearance
- Candidates without prior military experience are required to attend 8.5 weeks of Basic Military Training (BMT) at JB San Antonio-Lackland, TX; followed by Technical Training
Related Civilian Jobs: