« return to job listing
Overview: Managing the flow, distribution, life-cycle and disposal of communications, information and data from all sources is performed by Knowledge Management personnel, who are also responsible for compliance with the Privacy Act and other use of information regulations.
- Plan, coordinate and manage data assets, including conducting information analyses to determine proper flow and life-cycle management of information, regardless of medium
- Manage technologies to capture, organize and store tacit (personal know-how) and explicit (recorded) knowledge
- Comply with Privacy Act (PA) and Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) procedures and ensure others comply
- HS diploma or GED. Additional courses in business, mathematics, computer science and information systems are desirable.
- ASVAB score of 64 on Administrative, or 54 on General and 60 on CyberTest*
- Possess a valid state driver's license to operate government vehicles
- Candidates without prior military experience are required to attend 8.5 weeks of Basic Military Training (BMT) at JB San Antonio-Lackland, TX; followed by Technical Training
Related Civilian Careers:
- Information and Records Clerks
- Computer Operators
- Desktop publishers