« return to job listing
Overview: At the most fundamental level, any organization has two key categories of assets; people and supplies. People need supplies to do their jobs, and supplies may range from multi-million dollar aircraft to nails and screws. Materiel Management personnel administer and operate complex supply systems and are responsible for financial accountability and inventory control.
- Computes requirements, determines allowance and identifies supplies and equipment
- Supervises storage, inspection, identification, distribution and receipt of property
- Performs inventories and ensures timely correction of deficiencies
- Controls issue of classified, sensitive and controlled items, obtaining custody or receipts
- HS diploma or GED. Completion of a course in mathematics is desirable.
- ASVAB score of 44 on General or 41 on Administrative
- Candidates without prior military experience are required to attend 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training (BMT) at JB San Antonio-Lackland, TX; followed by Technical Training
Related Civilian Occupation: