« return to job listing
Overview: Promoting an environment where individuals are treated equally regardless of race, color, religion, national origin or sex is the role of Equal Opportunity personnel. They supervise and manage the Military Equal Opportunity (MEO) and Human Relations Education (HRE) programs as well as varied educational initiatives. This is not an entry level position and involves coordination with base commanders to resolve conditions that impact operations and mission effectiveness.
- Plan, organize and direct MEO and HRE activities
- Provide advice, consultation, education, mediation and referral services
- Advise commanders, supervisors and personnel with possible solutions to MEO concerns
- Provide oversight on special interest items as dictated by higher headquarters, e.g., sexual harassment, dissident and protest
- This position requires prior military service;minimum grade E-5 with less than 12 years of total military service
- Must be qualified in primary Air Force Specialty Code and possess the appropriate skill level commensurate with grade/rank
- Must complete 15 duty-day observation period with the local EO office (AFRC personnel, 4 UTA’s/ANG interview for the position), and have a memorandum/recommendation summarizing observance activitiesWritten recommendaton from the unit commander
- Outstanding appearance, high moral standards, and exceptional military bearing and conduct.
- Ability to speak distinctly and communicate, both written and verbal, with others
- No record of Equal Opportunity issues or violations, substandard performance, emotional instability, personality disorder or other unresolved mental health problems
- No record of disciplinary action (Letter of Reprimand [LOR] or Article 15) for committing acts of misconduct or engaging in an unprofessional or inappropriate relationship, or documented failures to exercise sound leadership principles with respect to morale or welfare of subordinates and peers, leadership or customers
- Never been convicted by a civilian court of Category 1, 2 or 3 offenses, nor exceeded the accepted number of Category 4 offenses. Category 3 and 4 minor traffic violations and similar infractions are not disqualifying.
- No record of substance abuse, financial irresponsibility, domestic violence, or child abuse
- Never been convicted by a general, special or summary courts-martial
- Never received nonjudicial punishment under the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) which resulted in either reduction or suspended reduction in grade, or correctional custody
- No record of previous failure to graduate from a formal EO training course
- Must maintain minimum grade of E-5
- ASVAB score of 41 on Administrative or 44 on General
Related Civilian Occupation:
- Human Resources Specialists
- Labor Relations Specialists