« return to job listing
Overview: Orthodontists specialize in correcting problems of alignment of teeth and jaws. The Air force Reserve offers the opportunity for these specialists to use the latest technology and techniques to provide treatment to military members and their families.
- Evaluates findings and determines types of appliances to move and guide teeth and jaws into proper positions and relationships
- Directs orthodontic service. Formulates and implements procedures for operation of orthodontic service.
- Instructs dental officers and technical assistants in orthodontic procedures and techniques
- Examines patients and interprets and evaluates radiographs, models, and clinical photographs
- Doctor of Dental Surgery or a Doctor of Dental Medicine degree from an American Dental Association accredited college or university is mandatory.
- Current enrollment in an orthodontics residency program acceptable to the Surgeon General, HQ USAFA
- For those without a prior military service commission, the first step is completion of Officer Training School Abbreviated. This five-week course at Maxwell AFB, AL will familiarize you with military life, your role as an officer and military healthcare.