« return to job listing
Overview: Many military families experience for the first time what pediatricians have seen hundreds of times, and the knowledge and guidance of these specialists is indispensable in raising children. The Air Force Reserve offers a wonderful opportunity to care for the children of reservists who are serving their country, and also to take part in disaster relief efforts in areas where pediatricians are seldom found.
- Examine, diagnose and treat diseases and injuries of infants and children, extending into young adulthood
- Manage and formulate procedures for pediatric services
- Instruct interns and residents on pediatrics and serve as a consultant
- Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy degree from an approved school of medicine or osteopathy
- Current enrollment in a pediatrics residency program acceptable to the Surgeon General, HQ USAF
- For those without a prior military service commission, the first step is completion of Officer Training School Abbreviated. This five-week course at Maxwell AFB, AL will familiarize you with military life, your role as an officer and military healthcare.