« return to job listing
Overview: In addition to maintaining personnel records, Personnel specialists counsel Reserve members on benefits, promotions, job qualifications, training and retirement. These human resources experts are essential in maintaining morale by keeping members fully informed about all aspects of their service.
- Advise officers and airmen on personnel issues and programs, including conducting interviews to determine individual interests, qualifications and personnel data
- Provide counsel on assignments, promotions, separations, retirement, bonuses, benefits, training and other personnel issues
- Create, maintain and audit personnel records
- Schedule and process members for separation and re-enlistment
- Administer casualty program including assisting next-of-kin
- HS diploma or GED is mandatory, courses in English composition are desireable.
- ASVAB score of 59 on Administrative
- Candidates without prior military experience are required to attend 8.5 weeks of Basic Military Training (BMT) at JB San Antonio-Lackland, TX; followed by Technical Training
Related Civilian Occupation:
- Information Clerks
- Human Resources Specialists