« return to job listing
Overview: Modern medications can work miracles but they can also create serious problems if improperly prepared or used. Pharmacy specialists play an essential role in the formulation, dispensing and control of prescription medications. In this role, they also communicate directly with patients and providers to ensure that directions are fully understood and all questions are answered.
- Compound, develop formulations and dispense pharmaceuticals
- Confer with prescribers and patients on questions to assure desired therapeutic outcomes
- Establish requirements, requisition and store drugs and equipment
- Prepare orders needed for emergency, controlled drug and other special items
- Process adverse drug reaction complaints
- HS diploma or GED. Successful completion of one year of high school or one unit of college algebra is mandatory. Completion of high school or college courses in anatomy, physiology, biology, chemistry, automated data processing and typing is desirable.
- Normal color vision
- Ability to speak distinctly without speech impediment
- ASVAB score of 48 on Administrative
- Candidates without prior military experience are required to attend 8.5 weeks of Basic Military Training (BMT) at JB San Antonio-Lackland, TX; followed by Technical Training
Related Civilian Careers: