« return to job listing
Overview: In the treatment of musculoskeletal injuries, the success of surgical and non-surgical procedures frequently depends upon the patient following prescribed rehabilitative exercise and other physical medicine methods. Physical Medicine specialists assist physical therapists with implementing exercise programs as well as with the utilization of braces, orthotics, and other support devices.
- Provide training in exercise and activities of daily living
- Conduct therapy treatments with various modalities
- Fit, fabricate, repair and adjust orthopedic devices
- Observe, record and report patient response to treatment
- Completion of high school or college courses in human anatomy and physiology, biology and physical sciences are mandatory. Completion of oral communications (Speech, 3 semester hours) written communication (English Comp, 3 semester hours) and mathematics (intermediate algebra or college-level math) is mandatory.
- ASVAB score of 51 on Administrative
- Candidates without prior military experience are required to attend 8.5 weeks of Basic Military Training (BMT) at JB San Antonio-Lackland, TX; followed by Technical Training
Related Civilian Careers:
- Orthotic Technician
- Physical Therapy Assistant