« return to job listing
Overview: Public Affairs personnel define and communicate the public image of the Air Force Reserve across all information channels. These multi-skilled Reserve members have to be as comfortable conducting special events and speaking in front of audiences as they are at writing press releases.
- Facilitate communication with the general public as well as Active Duty and Reserve members, civilian employees and dependents
- Prepare, edit and distribute news releases and other information pieces, including audio and video presentations
- Conduct special events, community relations, media relations, and orientation programs
- Performs historical documentation as well as conducts ground and aerial video documentation
- Programs, directs and hosts radio and television broadcasts
- Advise commanders at all levels on the internal, media and community relations implications of plans, policies and programs
- HS diploma or GED. Courses in creative arts and communications are advantageous.
- Absence of any speech impediment and ability to read aloud and speak distinctly
- A favorable evaluation of a voice audition
- Normal color vision
- Possess a valid state driver's license to operate government motor vehicles (GMV)
- Eligibility for Secret security clearance
Related Civilian Occupation: