« return to job listing
Radar, Airfield & Weather Systems (RAWS)
Overview: RAWS personnel install and maintain the radar systems used for air traffic control, ground aircraft control, weather, air identification and air defense. They also operate and relocate related support, communications, and electronic test equipment.
- Install, maintain, and repair fixed or mobile air traffic control, weather, ground aircraft control and warning radar systems, related radar operator training devices, aircraft identification equipment, remoting systems, video mappers, computerized processors, and communications subsystems.
- Serve on or direct ground radar maintenance inspection teams
- ASVAB score of 70 on Electrical
- Normal color vision
- Freedom from fear of heights
- Possess a valid state driver's license to operate government motor vehicles
- Candidates without prior military experience are required to attend 8 ½ weeks of Basic Military Training (BMT) at JB San Antonio-Lackland, TX, followed by Technical Training
Related Civilian Careers:
- Electrical and Electronics Installers and Repairers