« return to job listing
Radio Frequency Transmission Systems
Overview: Radio frequency (RF) communications involves transmitting a wireless signal to an antenna which is tuned to a specific frequency so that it receives only the desired signal. Radio Frequency Transmission personnel install and maintain RF transmitters, antennas, tuners and other communications devices, including those used for satellites and encryption.
- Deploy, sustain, troubleshoot and repair standard radio frequency wireless, line-of-sight, beyond line-of-sight, wideband and ground-based satellite and encryption transmission devices, including multiple waveform systems
- Establish and maintain circuits, systems and network connectivity
- Develop and enforce safety standards for ground RF systems
- High school diploma or GED is mandatory. Additional courses in physics and mathematics are desirable. Any computing or network commercial certification is desirable.
- ASVAB score of 70 on Electrical
- Normal color vision
- Eligibility for Secret security clearance
- Candidates without prior military experience are required to attend 8.5 weeks of Basic Military Training (BMT) at JB San Antonio-Lackland, TX; followed by Technical Training
Related Civilian Careers:
- Radio, cellular and Tower Equipment Installers and Repairers
- Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Commercial and Industrial Equipment