« return to job listing
Refuel/Bomber Aircraft Maintenance
Overview: Refuelers and Bombers routinely fly long-distance over many hours in accomplishing their missions. These large aircraft feature sophisticated refueling and munitions delivery systems that require specialized knowledge to maintain and ensure that they are operating optimally and that their pilots return safely.
- Maintains aircraft, support equipment, forms and records. Performs and supervises flight chief, expediter, crew chief, repair and reclamation, quality assurance and maintenance support functions.
- Performs preflight, thru-flight, end-of-runway, postflight, special inspections and phase inspections
- Inspects, troubleshoots and maintains aircraft structures, engines, hydraulic and other related systems, components and related equipment
- Coordinates maintenance plans and schedules to meet operational requirements
- Completion of high school is mandatory. Completion of related vocational courses is highly desirable.
- ASVAB score of 47 on Mechanical
- Normal color vision
- Eligibility for Secret security clearnance
- Candidates without prior military experience are required to attend 8.5 weeks of Basic Military Training (BMT) at JB San Antonio-Lackland, TX; followed by Technical Training
Related Civilian Jobs:
- Aircraft quality inspector
- Flight safety investigator