« return to job listing
Rescue Combat Systems Officer
Overview: Rescue missions are intricate operations that require high levels of coordination and speed. CSOs serve as the navigators on rescue and other assigned missions, in addition to performing essential mission planning, training and monitoring.
- Plans and prepares for mission, including tasking, intelligence and weather information
- Operates available navigation systems
- Conducts or supervises training of crewmembers
- Develops plans and policies, monitors operations and advises commanders
- Bachelor’s Degree; an undergraduate degree specializing in physical sciences, mathematics, administration or management is desirable
- Commission as an officer in the Air Force Reserve
- Eligibility for a Top Secret security clearance
- For those without a prior military service commission, successful completion of the eight-week Officer Training School at Maxwell AFB, AL is required
- Completion of Air Force Specialized Undergraduate Navigator Training (SUNT) or Undergraduate CSO Training.