« return to job listing
Signals Intelligence Analyst
Overview: Intercepting communications signals through the use of sophisticated recording and receiving equipment is the role of Signals Intelligence personnel. They utilize antenna manipulation, receiver tuning and advanced computer software to extract, analyze and identify intelligence information from electromagnetic emissions.
- Acquire, process, identify, analyze and report on electromagnetic emissions
- Operate complex equipment and systems to exploit signals intelligence
- Interpret and render preliminary analysis
- Perform maintenance of electronic equipment utilized
- HS diploma or GED. Courses in electronics, physics, algebra, trigonometry and computers are desirable.
- ASVAB score of 72 on Administrative, or 67 on General and Cyber-Test*60(*for Non-Prior Service only)
- Eligibility for Top Secret security clearance
- Candidates without prior military experience are required to attend 8.5 weeks of Basic Military Training (BMT) at JB San Antonio-Lackland, TX; followed by Technical Training
Related Civilian Careers:
- Command and Control Center Specialists