« return to job listing
Overview: In a world where nearly everyone has a cell phone and computers are increasingly wireless the sheer number of signals transmitted and received in the air surrounding us is astounding. Spectrum Operations personnel are tasked with managing the electromagnetic frequencies within this airspace to ensure that communications are effectively sent and received.
- Analyze requirements and request frequencies to support ground, aircraft, and space systems
- Coordinate radio, radar, land, and other electromagnetic radiating or receiving requirements.
- Provide guidance regarding wireless communications systems, technologies and configurations
- ASVAB score of 60 on Electrical
- Prior qualification in AFSCs 1A3X1, 1C4X1, 1C5X1, 1C6X1, 1C8XX, 1N2X1, 1N4X1, 2A0X1P, 2A2X3A, 2A5X3, 2A8X1, 2A9X3B or 3D1XX at the 5-skill level or higher (3-skill level if no 5-skill level exists)
- Possess a valid state driver's license to operate government vehicles
Related Civilian Careers:
- Communications Equipment Operator