« return to job listing
Overview: Modern military operations are often controlled from high-tech information centers quite distant from actual areas of conflict. The precise identification, analysis, prioritization and selection of military targets is the role of Target Analysts, who utilize a systems database analysis approach to optimizing mission success.
- Develops all-source analytical products which identify target systems that have relevance to stated objectives, military importance and priority of attack
- Nominates and prioritizes targets to achieve the effects and objectives outlined in commander’s guidance and are coordinated and de-conflicted with agencies and activities that might present a conflict with the proposed action
- Determines precise weapon(s) placement, consequences and hazards presented by weapons effects
- Conducts Combat Assessment (CA), performs Battle Damage Assessment (BDA), Munitions Effectiveness Assessment (MEA) and Reattack recommendations
- HS diploma or GED. Courses in mathematics, advanced English and computer applications are desirable.
- Stereopsis (depth perception) acuity-required, determined by 40 seconds of arc Near stereopsis or better
- ASVAB score of 66 on General
- Eligibilty for Top Secret security clearance
- Candidates without prior military experience are required to attend 8.5 weeks of Basic Military Training (BMT) at JB San Antonio-Lackland, TX; followed by Technical Training
Related Civilian Jobs: