« return to job listing
Overview: Managing the transportation of personnel, eligible dependents, material and property is the responsibility of Traffic Management personnel. They employ both military and commercial transportation and arrange personal property and cargo for shipment and storage.
- Receive, identify, label and package items for shipment and storage
- Counsel personnel and eligible dependents on passenger and personal property movements
- Review official travel orders, determine transportation entitlements and issue transportation documents
- Operate and maintain material handling equipment, including forklifts, pallet and hand trucks
- Completion of high school is required. A general knowledge of computer systems and a formal course in word processing is desirable.
- Possess a valid state driver's license to operate government vehicles
- Maintain ability to ship, transport, possess or receive firearms or ammunition IAW 1996 Domestic Violence Amendment to the Gun Control Act of 1968 (Lautenberg Amendment)
- ASVAB score of 35 on Administrative
- Eligibility for a Secret security clearance
- Candidates without prior military experience are required to attend 8.5 weeks of Basic Military Training (BMT) at JB San Antonio-Lackland, TX; followed by Technical Training
Related Civilian Occupation:
- Material Recording and Information
- Reservation and Transportation Ticket Agents and Travel Clerks
- Shipping, Receiving and Traffic Clerks