« return to job listing
Water and Fuel Systems Maintenance
Overview: Water is the most basic of necessities, whether one is sitting in an air conditioned room or working under challenging environmental conditions. Water and Fuel Systems personnel have the responsibility of providing clean, safe water to Airmen wherever they are located. In addition, these Reserve members also maintain plumbing, fire suppression and sewer systems.
- Install and repair plumbing, water distribution, wastewater collection, fire suppression and backflow prevention systems
- Ensure compliance with safety and environmental regulations for hazardous materials
- Prepare cost estimates for installations and repairs
- HS diploma or GED is mandatory. Completion of courses in mathematics, chemistry, biology, physics, earth sciences, drawing and specification use, and shop mechanics is desirable.
- Normal color vision
- Possess a valid state driver's license to operate a government vehicle
- ASVAB score of 47 on Mechanical and 28 on Electrical
- Freedom from fear of confined spaces (Claustrophobia)
- Freedom from fear of heights (Acrophobia)
- Candidates without prior military experience are required to attend 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training (BMT) at JB San Antonio-Lackland, TX; followed by Technical Training
Related Civilian Careers:
- Waste and Wastewater Treatment Plant and System Operators